Cookies Conjure Favorite Memories
April 12, 2017
Filed under Lifestyle
Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.
Email This Story
Let’s face it, cookies are amazing. From the aroma they create in the oven to the steam that emits from them when you break them apart, they are a crowd pleaser. Most of us have at least one fond memory of either friends or a close relative that are tied to these baked treats. For me, it’s walking into my grandmother’s house to inhale that warm, spiced cookie scent. At my grandmother’s house, laughing with family, and somehow always enjoying her traditional “butter cookies”, are among my fondest memories.
Betty Mason’s Butter Cookies
1. Put the following ingredients into a large bowl:
- 1/2 cup of butter(2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
2. Once everything is in the bowl, use an electric mixer on low until it is of a creamy texture.
3. In a small bowl, put the following ingredients:
- 2 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar
4. Mix with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
5. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients—stir until thoroughly combined. (It is now important to chill the dough for a few hours to avoid troubles when creating the dough balls.)
6. Once chilled, create cookies by using a spoon and putting them on non-greased cookie sheet.
7. Once on the cookie-sheet, use a fork and press down on two diagonals.
8. Put cookies in oven at 350 degrees for 13 minutes. (Makes about 2 dozen cookies.)