Lashkari Thanks Classmates at Time of Reflection

Dianda Giles, Staff Writer

Seniors and faculty recognized the graduating class of 2019 at the Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church on June 2. The theme of the Time of Reflection event was “Leaving the Bird’s Nest,” and performances led by students and faculty reflected the idea of new beginnings.

Senior Colin Lekki kicked off the event by conducting the Chamber Choir. This was followed by an instrumental performance by seniors Aman Malhotra on the violin, Andrew Torres on the clarinet, and Carissa Zhu on the piano.

Vivek Lashkari spoke for the 2019 class, thanking fellow classmates and the support system of teachers and families. “I wanted my speech to be like a big ‘Thank You’ to all of the memories and people that were a part of our Campo experience, ” said Lashkari.

Senior Arriana Glenn performed “Home” by Diana Ross, which was followed by a speech delivered by fellow choir singer senior Claire Sebree. Sebree’s speech focused on the “small moments” of her high school experience.

AP Environmental Science and Biology teacher Tren Kauzer provided the faculty address.  He noted that he felt “closer to this class than years before.” His speech was inspired by the “Pale Blue Dot” speech famously delivered by scientist Carl Sagan. “I hope to give the class of ’19 some advice that I wish I had received as a young person, ” said Kauzer.

The event was brought to a close with a vocal duet featuring seniors Will Grubbs and Bella Nazzari. They performed the soul song “River” by Leon Bridges. Grubbs said, “it was my last performance for such a big Campo audience, so I wanted it to be meaningful for everyone.”